Renew and Be Relational Healthy
“Transformation is more than just putting information in your head. It’s about living out what God is working in you.” Rick Warren
Just Be-“We are human beings, not human doings, and we’re at our best when we’re becoming” Mike Moore
Relationships are very important. God is a relational God. After creating Adam God made Eve as a partner for Adam, because He saw Adam’s loneliness. It is God’s desire that we all have healthy relationships. Today we want to focus on how we can BE more Healthy in our Relationships.
Psalm 46:10-“Be… still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God.”
Romans 12:2-“…And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Open in prayer.
Proverbs 27:9-10 “Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul. Don’t leave your friends or your parents’ friends and run home to your family when things get rough; Better a nearby friend than a distant family”
Read the following scriptures and talk about their meaning:
- Prov. 27:17 -As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend
- Gal. 6:2 -Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ
- Heb. 10: 24 -And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works
- 1 Thes. 5:11 -Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
- Prov. 18:1 -A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; He rages against all wise judgment
- Phil. 2:4 -Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others
- Prov. 17:17 -A friend loves at all times …
- Rom. 12:10 -Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
- Rom. 12: 15-Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep
- Talk about a friendship that didn’t work and why?
- What is some practical things that you can do this week to start building healthier relationships?
- With who do you need to speak this week about a unhealthy relationship?
Pray for one another