Week 1: 20 January 2021 Raymond Nell
DESPERATE – AWAKENING
“Jesus teaches us that we can learn even from dishonest people who are smart! It would be
great if all true believers were as clever in spiritual matters as these crooks are in plying their
trade. The manager adapts quickly to a crisis and so should we especially in these pandemic days.”-Warner D’Souza
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: The Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Luke 16:8-9 “Now here’s a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And
why? Because he knew how to look after himself. I want you to be smart in the same
way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival.”
Luke 16:3 “The manager said to himself, ‘What am I going to do? I’ve lost my job as
manager. I’m not strong enough for a labouring job, and I’m too proud to beg.”
Luke 15:17 “But when he finally came to his senses”
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
4. Discussion: Talk about the Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Over the next four weeks we are going to talk about this parable. We are going to talk
about the four movements we find in this parable: Awakening, Plan, Movement, and
Outcome. Tonight we’re talking about: Awakening.
● If you feel comfortable: Share a story of a time when you found yourself in a
● What did you do to get out or through this desperate situation?
● What can I do to ease the Awakening process?
● What do you personally need for Awakening to happen?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
● Your Connect Group has members: What would be the role of every member in your
group to encourage a member of your group that finds himself/herself in a place of
● God is desperate about people in need: What do you think is the Awakening your
group needs to see God’s desperation over His people?