Whole World in His Hands – Finger in His Hands
- Does God still holds the world in His hands? The invitation of Jesus is: “Bring your finger and place it in His hand, when you find yourself in doubt.”
Isaiah 40:12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? …
Isaiah 48:13 My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens …
- Prayer: Open the CONNECT Group with prayer.
- Read: John 20:27-28 Then he focused his attention on Thomas. “Take your finger and examine my hands. Take your hand and stick it in my side. Don’t be unbelieving. Believe.” Thomas said, “My Master! My God!”
- Watch: Watch this week’s CONNECT group video.
- Discuss: When I find myself in a place of doubt, how can I move from doubt to believe?
Although the writer of the gospel of John had a strong conviction about believe and unbelieve, he writes the story of Thomas. Thomas speaks three times in the gospel of John. We see how Thomas’s believe in Jesus moves from doubt to unbelieve. We also see Jesus meeting Thomas in his unbelieve and we see how his unbelieve changes to believe.
Discuss the following:
- When you find yourself in a place of doubt, what can you do to move from doubt to believe and not from doubt to unbelieve like Thomas did?
- Can you share a story about how Jesus met you in your doubt and helped you to believe again?
Worship – https://wordandlife.com/connect-worship/
Make time to worship God. Use the playlist on the Word and Life Church Website or create your own playlist on Youtube.
- Do you know someone that’s currently struggling with doubt? Can you pray for this person that God in His love and mercy can move this person’s doubt to believe?
- As a group keep on praying for this person during the rest of the week.