Week 2: 18-24 April 2021
CONNECT TO POWER – Philippians 2
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: Philippians 2:3-9 & 12-14 (NLT)
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honour and gave him the name above all other names, Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Gerhard Dalton
● How can we think better about other people?
● What does it mean to humble yourself?
● How can I have the same attitude as Christ?
● What does it mean to obey God with deep reverence and fear?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
● Think about how you can live humbly before God.