Desperate – PLAN
“Jesus teaches us that we can learn even from dishonest people who are smart! It would be
great if all true believers were as clever in spiritual matters as these crooks are in plying their
trade. The manager adapts quickly to a crisis and so should we especially in these pandemic days.”-Warner D’Souza
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: The Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Luke 16:8-9 “Now here’s a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And
why? Because he knew how to look after himself. I want you to be smart in the same
way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival.”
Luke 16:4 “Ah, I’ve got a plan. Here’s what I’ll do . . . then when I’m turned out into
the street, people will take me into their houses.”
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the
Lord, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
4. Discuss: Talk about the Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Over the next four weeks we are going to talk about this parable. We are going to
discuss the four movements we find in this parable: Awakening, Plan, Movement, and
Outcome. Tonight we’re talking about: PLAN.
● Talk about the SMART way to formulate a plan:
– S – Specific
– M – Measurable
– A – Achievable
– T – Timely
● Also talk about the timeframe for a plan to materialize:
– Long Term -12 x 12
– Medium Term -6 x 6
– Short Term -3 x 3
● What else can I do to formulate a plan?
● Who will be the right people to whom I can talk to about my plan?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
● Your Connect Group also needs a plan: What is the plan for your group? Where are
you heading? How will we achieve this plan? As a group talk about the plan that God
has for your group.
● Write this plan down and as a group revisit this plan weekly and evaluate it.