Week 2: 8-14 November 2020
Finishing Strong – Raymond Nell
“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ― C.S. Lewis.
“Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8 (NLT)
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
Pray: Open with prayer
Read: John Mark
Acts 13:13 “From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem.”
Watch: Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
Discuss the story of John Mark:
He left Paul and Barnabas and caused tension in their relationship. Paul and Barnabas decided to go their separate ways and continued on their own missions.
- If you feel comfortable to do so: Share your story of how you caused difficulty for yourself or other Christ Followers.
- John Mark changed as he practised three things in his life:
- He decided to stand up again
- He asked for forgiveness and he reconciled with Paul and Barnabas
- He asked Peter and Barnabas to mentor him.
Talk about the above three things John Mark did to get back in the race that helped him to finish strong.
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
- Your Connect Group is also a “Mission Organisation” on a mission.
This week: Pray for every group member. Try to establish the role that every member plays in the group and what every member’s role is in taking the Gospel to the “Mission Field”.