Week 3: 15-21 November 2020
Finishing Strong – Bjorn Uys
“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ― C.S. Lewis.
“Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8 (NLT)
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
Pray: Open with prayer
- Heb 12:2 … fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer (beginning) and perfecter (finisher) of faith.
- Phil 3:14 But I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.
- Phil 1:6 … the One who began this glorious work in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you and will put his finishing touches to it until the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Watch: Watch the short message by Bjorn Uys
Discuss: the story of David.
David knew that God had chosen and anointed him as King. He was running his race with zeal and passion. He was obedient to God and the people around him. At the beginning it looked as if David was running his race perfectly, but then we read how he made mistakes. We also make mistakes. Even though David made mistakes he always knew that he could ask God for forgiveness. God calls David His friend because of David’s humbleness.
- Do you know what your calling is? Talk about this calling with your Connect Group.
- Do you think that God also calls you His friend? Why do you think so?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Everyone of us has a unique calling from God. But God asks us to stay with this calling, He also asks us to run with this calling the race of life, with our eyes focused on Him and on our calling.
- Pray with every Connect Group Member. Pray that they will stay with their calling and pray that they will finish their race with humbleness. Pray that they will soon hear the words: “You are a friend of God”