Praygrance – Gerhard Dalton
Prayer is a fragrance before God.
Rev 8:4 “Smoke billowed up from the incense-laced prayers of the holy ones, rose before God from the hand of the Angel.”
Psalm 141:2 “Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!”
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
- Pray: Open with prayer.
This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- Watch: Watch the short message by Gerhard Dalton.
- Discuss the following:
- Jesus teaches us to pray. Firstly He teaches us that we can pray to Our Father. He can pray to His Father because He stands in relationship with Him. We can also pray to Our Father because of our relationship with Him. But how do I grow in my relationship with the Father?
- How can we see God’s Kingdom come in our everyday life?
- Talk about this prayer that Jesus taught the disciples and how this prayer can be interpreted in our day and age.
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
- In the coming week: Pray for our Church, our community, our country and our world.
- Pray the “Our Father Prayer” over your house, your family, your community, your church and your country.
- Ask God’s will to be done in our country and community.