Week 3: 24 April-1 May 2021
CONNECT TO POWER – Philippians 3
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: Philippians 3:12-18 (NLT)
“I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this
one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made. Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example. For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really
enemies of the cross of Christ.”
3. Watch: Watch the short message by John Jerome
4. Discuss the three statements below:
1) To grow as a Christian you’ve got to be in the race.
2) To grow as a Christian, you’ve got to have the proper attitude.
3) To grow as a Christian, you’ve got to give it the proper effort.
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
This week: Think about how you can grow as a Christian by following the directions that are given to the Philippians Church.