Week 4: 2-8 May 2021
CONNECT TO POWER – Philippians 4
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
● Act 16:13 …and on the Sabbath day we went outside the city gate to the
bank of the river, where we thought there would be a place of prayer, and we
sat down and began speaking to the women who had come there.
● Phil 4:6-7 Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and
praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.
Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together
for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when
Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life.
● Phil 4:8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your
minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling,
gracious – the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise,
not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you
heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work
together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.
3. Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
4. Discuss the 5 P’s to Connect to Power:
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Works for this week:
Set aside some extra time to connect to God’s power through prayer.