Week 4: 22-28 November 2020
Finishing Strong – Morné Kruger
“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ― C.S. Lewis.
“Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8 (NLT)
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
Pray: Open with prayer Read: (All scripture from NIV Translation)
- Heb 12:2 … fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer (beginner) and perfecter (finisher) of faith.
- Rev 21:6 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
- 2 Tim 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Phil 1:6 Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Watch: Watch the short message by Morné Kruger
Discuss the following:
It’s not how you start, but it’s all about how you finish:
- Share a story of something you started but didn’t finish. If you feel comfortable, share why you didn’t finish.
- Share a story of something that you started and finished. How do you feel about the fact that you finished?
- What did it “cost” (emotionally, spiritually and financially)?
- What would be the key word that defines your story of accomplishment?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Everyone is called by God. Everyone has a race to run. Everyone starts at the beginning, not everyone finishes. To finish well, we need people around us. People that encourage us, people that speak truth and life into our life and our race. Make a commitment as a group to keep on encouraging each Connect Group Member and commit to keep on praying for every member.