Week 4: 27 September – 3 October 2020
The World in His Hands – He Holds My Hand
God still holds this world in His Hands. Not only is He holding this world in His hands, but He is also holding us in His hands. He holds my hand in His strong and mighty hand.
“Earthly wisdom is doing what comes naturally. Godly wisdom is doing what the Holy Spirit compels us to do.” – Charles Stanley
“When you realize God’s purpose for your life isn’t just about you. He will use you in a mighty way.” – Dr Tony Evans
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreakerWord
- Pray: Open with prayer
- Isa 41:13 (NIV) For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
- Rom 8:14 (NIV) For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
- Act 1:8 (NIV) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
Watch: This week’s short CONNECT group video
Discuss: God never leaves us alone. He holds our hand in His hand. But how does God lead us? He leads us through His Holy Spirit.
Discuss the following questions:
- Why do you think it is so important for a couple that is in love, to hold hands?
- God takes us by the hand and He leads us through His Holy Spirit. How can I experience the leading of the Holy Spirit in my life?
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
- As a CONNECT Group you are led by the Holy Spirit. What is it that your group has to do in this confusing world that only you can do?
- Pray together as a Group that God will take you by His hand and lead you.