Week 4: 10 February 2021 Raymond Nell
Desperate – OUTCOME
“Jesus teaches us that we can learn even from dishonest people who are smart! It would be
great if all true believers were as clever in spiritual matters as these crooks are in plying their
trade. The manager adapts quickly to a crisis and so should we especially in these pandemic days.”-Warner D’Souza
1. Welcome everybody
2. Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: The Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Luke 16:3-7 “The manager said to himself, ‘What am I going to do? I’ve lost my job as
manager. I’m not strong enough for a labouring job, and I’m too proud to beg. . . . Ah, I’ve got a plan. Here’s what I’ll do, then when I’m turned out into the street, people will take me into their houses.’” Then he went at it. One after another, he called in the people who were in debt to his master. He said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ “He replied, ‘A hundred jugs of olive oil.’ The manager said, ‘Here, take your bill, sit down here—quick now—write fifty.’ To the next he said, ‘And you, what do you owe?’ He answered, ‘A hundred sacks of wheat.’ He said, ‘Take your bill, write in eighty.’”
Luke 16:8-9 “Now here’s a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And why? Because he knew how to look after himself. I want you to be smart in the same way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
4. Discussion: Talk about the Parable of the Dishonest Manager – Luke 16:1-9
Over the next four weeks we are going to talk about this parable. We are going to talk
about the four movements we find in this parable: Awakening, Plan, Movement, and
Tonight we’re talking about: OUTCOME.
● If you feel comfortable with sharing: Share about a time when the outcome of
your plan worked out or about a time when it didn’t work out.
● What do you do if your outcome isn’t what you expected or planned for?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
● Every Connect Group has a God given dream and plan. What do you think is your Connect Group’s calling? What are the outcomes for your Connect Group?