Desperate – SALT
“Question: “How can the church become ‘a counterculture for the common good’?” Answer: “By becoming ‘saltier.’”
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: The Story of how Elisha makes the water of Jericho usable – 2 Kings 2:19-22
2 Kings 2:20 “Elisha said, ‘Bring me a new jar, and put salt in it.’ So they brought it to him”
Joshua 6:26 “Then Joshua made them take an oath at that time, saying, Cursed before the Lord is the man who rises up and rebuilds this city, Jericho.’”
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
4. Discussion: Talk about the story of how Elisha made the water of Jericho usable -2 Kings 2:19-22
This week our focus shifts to our response to the desperate world around us.
● People in the world around us find themselves in a desperate situation. We live in a broken and sick world. What do you think are we supposed to do in this broken world according to the Elisha story in 2 Kings 2:19-22?
● What can you do to be the salt of the earth?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Every Connect Group is called to be salt. What do you think your group should do in your community? Where should your group be the salt of the earth?