Renew and Be Financially Healthy
“Transformation is more than just putting information in your head. It’s about living out what God is working in you.” Rick Warren
Just Be-“We are human beings, not human doings, and we’re at our best when we’re becoming” Mike Moore
First, God wants you to become like Him, and He is generous. God’s generosity flows out of His love for you and me. The most famous verse in the Bible, John 3:16, is about God’s generosity, “God so loved the world that he gave his only Son.” Everything you have is because of God’s great generosity and love. And he wants you to honour him by giving back to him the “first part” of what you make. He blesses your life so that you can be a blessing to others. Generosity breaks the grip of greed and
materialism on your life. A loving heart is a generous heart, and you are most like Jesus when you give. Today we want to focus on how we can BE Financially Healthy.
Psalm 46:10-“Be… still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God.”
Romans 12:2-“…And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Open in prayer.
Matt 6:31-33:“Don’t worry … Your heavenly Father already knows perfectly well [what you need], and he will give [it] to you if you give him first place in your life and live as he wants you to.“
Prov 3:9-10: “Honour God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over”
Read and talk about the seven habits for Financial Health:
- I must trust God as my source and supplier -Rom. 11:36; Deut. 8:18
- I must give the first ten percent back to God -Deut. 14:23; Prov. 3:9-10
- I must keep an eye on my finances -Prov. 27:23-24
- I must save and invest for the future -Prov. 21:20; Prov. 13:11; Prov. 24:27
- I must set up a repayment plan to get out of debt -Prov. 3:27; Prov. 13:8
- I must budget my spending -Prov. 21:5; Prov. 21:20
- I must enjoy what I have -Eccl. 6:9; Heb. 13:5
- When it comes to money; are you more of a saver or a spender? Why?
- Which of the seven Financial Habits would you like to put into practice from this week? Why?
Pray for one another