Finishing Strong – John Jerome
“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ― C.S. Lewis.
“Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride.” – Ecclesiastes 7:8 (NLT)
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
Pray: Open with prayer
Heb 12:2 “… fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer (beginning) and perfecter (finisher) of faith.
Watch: Watch the short message by John Jerome
Discuss The following three outcomes when we finishing Strong.
- Finishing Strong Develops a Mental Toughness
“So prepare your minds for action, be completely sober [in spirit—steadfast, self-disciplined, spiritually and morally alert], fix your hope completely on the grace [of God] that is coming to you when Jesus Christ is revealed.”
1 Peter 1:13 AMP
- Finishing Strong inspires us and others.
“So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”-Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT
“Be on guard; stand firm in your faith [in God, respecting His precepts and keeping your doctrine sound]. Act like [mature] men and be courageous; be strong.”-1 Corinthians 16:13 AMP
- Finishing Strong Reveals your Character
“The integrity and moral courage of the upright will guide them, but the crookedness of the treacherous will destroy them.”-Proverbs 11:3 AMP
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
- Every Connect Group Member finds himself/herself in a race. Some are at the starting point, some are in the middle of the race and others are almost at the finishing line. Pray for every Connect Group Member. Pray that they will finish their own race strong.