Week 3: 3 February 2021 Raymond Nell
Desperate – MOVEMENT
“Jesus teaches us that we can learn even from dishonest people who are smart! It would be great if all true believers were as clever in spiritual matters as these crooks are in plying their trade. The manager adapts quickly to a crisis and so should we especially in these pandemic days.”- Warner D’Souza
1. Welcome everybody
2. Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: The Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Luke 16:8-9 “Now here’s a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And why? Because he knew how to look after himself. I want you to be smart in the same way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival.”
Luke 16:3-7 “The manager said to himself, ‘What am I going to do? I’ve lost my job as manager. I’m not strong enough for a labouring job, and I’m tooproud to beg … Ah, I’ve got a plan. Here’s what I’ll do, then when I’m turned out into the street, people will take me into their houses.’” Then he went at it. One after another, he called in the people who were in debt to his master. He said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ “He replied, ‘A hundred jugs of olive oil.’ The manager said, ‘Here, take your bill, sit down here—quick now—write fifty.’ To the next he said, ‘And you, what do you owe?’ He answered, ‘A hundred sacks of wheat.’ He said, ‘Take your bill, write in eighty.’”
Psalm 37:23-24 “The steps of a [good and righteous] man are directed and established by the Lord, and He delights in his way [and blesses his path]. When he falls, he will not be hurled down, Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand and sustains him.”
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Raymond Nell
4. Discussion: Talk about the Parable of the Dishonest Manager-Luke 16:1-9
Over the next four weeks we are going to talk about this parable. We are going to talk about the four movements we find in this parable: Awakening, Plan, Movement, and Outcome.
Tonight we’re talking about: MOVEMENT.
● The only way we can know for sure if our plans will work is for us to set these plans into motion.
● What is the first step that you need to take to set your plans into motion?
● What is the role of the people around you?
● Who are the right people with whom you can talk about these steps that you need to take?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
● Your Connect Group also needs to take steps so that a plan will be set into
motion. Without these steps your Connect Group can’t grow and can’t achieve
its Godly purpose. Talk about the steps that your Connect Group must take to
reach its purpose.
● Write these steps down and as a group revisit these steps weekly and