Money, Money, it’s so funny …
“Go out in the world and work like money doesn’t matter. Sing as if no one is listening. Love as if you have never been hurt and dance as if no one is watching” –Victor Hugo
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
- Pray: Open with prayer
- Matt 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- 1 Tim 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
- Discussion: What does the Bible say about money?
Somebody once said: “We buy things that we don’t need, with money that we don’t have, to impress people we don’t know” The Bible talks a lot about money. It is interesting to know that sixteen of the twenty-eight parables talk about money and possessions. Jesus talked more about money and possessions than heaven and hell combined. One out of every ten verses in the Gospels talks about money and possessions. The Old and New Testaments reference money more than 2000 times, twice the amount of references than faith and prayer together. It is imperative to understand that we humans can never really own anything. You cannot take anything from this life to the next life. We can only manage what belongs to God for the short time that we live on planet earth. It is so important to know why our wealth is not here on earth. We must understand that our true wealth is in heaven. Although every one of us needs money to stay alive in this life, we need to know that it is not just about this life. Money is a gift from God. Money has been given to us by God so that we can: Live with it, use it, increase it and enjoy it, but most of all, money has been given to us so that we can bless the people around us that are not as fortunate as us. Think about the widow that gave her last money for the people that don’t have anything. The unfortunate people around this widow were more important to her than her own life, and she gave her everything to help them.
What does the Bible ask us to know when it comes to our money?
- We need to be wise with our money. We shouldn’t just keep the money for ourselves, but also give it to the people in need around us.
- That we don’t live anxiously, always worried about money, but that we will live with faith and trust in Him that He will supply all our needs according to His riches and glory.
- Where does money come from?
- Why is money so important to us?
- How do you think God feels about money?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
This week: Think about your own finances and ask yourself
- How much money is enough?
- What is God asking you about your finances?
- Do you really believe and trust in God, when it comes to your own finances?