Money, Money, it’s so funny …
“Go out in the world and work like money doesn’t matter. Sing as if no one is listening. Love as if you have never been hurt and dance as if no one is watching” –Victor Hugo
“What I kept, I lost; what I spent, I had; what I gave, I have.” –Persian Proverb
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
- Pray: Open with prayer
- Rom 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law
- 1 Tim 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
- Phil 4:11-13 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Discussion: How do I manage money and possessions?
Money and possessions and how they are managed are high on God's priorities scale and they are close to His heart. The Bible speaks twice as much about money and possessions as faith and prayer combined. Money and possessions are given to us to be handled properly. It is lent to us for our period here on earth. We can take nothing with us when we die. Yet it is important that we do not leave our family and friends behind with debt. The Bible is also outspoken about debt and asks man not to incur debt. According to the Bible, the only debt we are supposed to have is love for one another. Let’s talk a little about saving: Someone once said that the best way to double your money is to double fold your notes and put them in your wallet. Because of debt people do not save. Yet people who are not in debt do not save either. They use their entire income to finance their lifestyle. Try to save at least 10% of your income. Give away 10% of your income and live with the rest. (80%) When you do incur debt, try to pay it off as soon as possible. Be wary of purchases you do not really need.
- How much money do I need to save every month, and why?
- How do I save my money?
- How much money do I need to give away every month, and why?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
This week: Think about your own finances and ask yourself.
- Do I live a balanced life when it comes to my finances?
- Am I managing my finances well?
- What can I do better when it comes to managing my finances?