Week 3: 19-25 September 2021
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
AN ANXIOUS HEART
_____ Are you rattled when things don’t go as you expected?
_____ Do you often worry about things beyond your control?
_____ Do you lose sleep over pressing issues?
_____ Is it hard to “turn off” your mind?
_____ Does the unknown intimidate you?
_____ Do you often imagine the worst-case scenario?
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
- Proverbs 12:25 An anxious heart weighs a man down…
- Luke 15:11-12 … The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.
- Luke 15:13 Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country …
- Luke 15:29-30
- Ephesians 2:10 (NKJV) For we are His WORKMANSHIP, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared BEFOREHAND that we should walk in them.
- Ephesians 2:10 (TPT) We have become his poetry, a re-created people that will fulfill the destiny he has given each of us, for we are joined to Jesus, the Anointed One. Even before we were born, God planned in advance our destiny and the good works we would do to fulfill it!
- Luke 15:22 But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
- Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things THAT ARE MADE, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
3. Watch: Watch the short message by Bjorn Uys
4. Discussion: Why do we fear?
- What is the fear of losing control?
- Why do we fear losing control?
- Where does the fear of losing control come from?
- How can we overcome the fear of losing control?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Works for the this week
Think about the following:
- How much power do you give to the fear of losing control?
- Remember that in God you can find encouragement.
- Consider every failure as a learning opportunity.
- Talk to God about your fear of losing control.