Week 3: 17-23 October 2021
“There are two kinds of people; those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, ‘All right, have it your way.’” C.S. Lewis
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
- Pray: Open with prayer
- 2 Chronicles 7:14-15 If my people, who are called by my name, will HUMBLE themselves and PRAY and SEEK my face … then I will hear from heaven … and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
- Philippians 4:6 (TPT) Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in PRAYER throughout each day, offering your FAITH-FILLED requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life.
- James 4:2-3 (TPT) You jealously want what others have so you begin to see yourself as better than others. You scheme with envy and harm others to selfishly obtain what you crave—that’s why you quarrel and fight. And all the time you don’t obtain what you want because you won’t ask God for it! And if you ask, you won’t receive it for you’re asking with corrupt motives, seeking only to fulfill your own selfish desires.
- Luke 5:16 But Jesus often … PRAYED.
- Matthew 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a MUSTARD seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
- Matthew 17:21 “However, this kind does not go out except by PRAYER and FASTING.”
- Isaiah 58:6-9 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk.
- Watch the short message by Bjorn Uys
- Discussion: Prayer and Fasting
Prayer is always a dialogue. The Bible always speaks of the power of prayer and fasting. When we fast and pray we open ourselves to a conversation with God.
- For whom or for what do you as a Connect Group need to fast and pray about this week?
- Create a prayer and fasting roster for the rest of the week, decide who will fast and pray and when.
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Works for this week
- Read 2 Chr 7:14-15 every day this week.
- For whom do you need to fast and pray?
- Set a day to fast and pray this week.
- Decide beforehand for whom or for what you want to pray and fast.