Week 4: 24-30 October 2021
“There are two kinds of people; those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done,’ and those to whom God says, ‘All right, have it your way.’” C.S. Lewis
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
- Pray: Open with prayer
- 2 Kings 20:1-8 (NLT)
- Righteous – 2 Kings 18:3-7 Righteousness means living right, not just in a moment, but as a lifestyle!
- Reality – 2 Kings 20:1 Righteousness does not exempt us from human suffering however, just look at Jesus – and the day came when Hezekiah found himself facing a difficult personal struggle with illness, one that was severe!
- Request – 2 Kings 20:2-3 Hezekiah however understands that God is not just a God of rules but a God who loves relationships! Hezekiah was perfect and flawless, just that he for the vast amount of his life lived faithfully for the Lord; his heart was always yearning and living for God.
- Reward – 2 Kings 20:4-6 God’s eyes and ears are tuned to His faithful servants!
- Watch the short message by John Jerome
- Discussion: The Prayer of a Righteous Person
Prayer is always a dialogue. The Bible always speaks of the power of prayer. When we pray we open ourselves to a conversation with God.
- As a Righteous Person how should you pray?
- Pray for righteousness in our community, country, and world.
- Pray for the Local Elections this Monday. Pray that Righteous people will be elected.
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Works for this week
- Read 2 Kings 20:1-8 every day this week.
- Pray for our Local Elections next week?
- Set a day to fast and pray this week.