Praygrance – Renaldo Barnard
Righteousness: When the Righteous pray
Prayer is a fragrance before God.
Rev 8:4 “Smoke billowed up from the incense-laced prayers of the holy ones, rose before God from the hand of the Angel.”
Ps 141:2 “Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!”
- Welcome everybody
- Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
Pray: Open with prayer
Read: James 5:16-18 Therefore, confess your sins to one another [your false steps, your offences], and pray for one another, that you may be healed and restored. The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) is able to accomplish much [when put into action and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power]. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours [with the same physical, mental, and spiritual limitations and shortcomings], and he prayed intensely for it not to rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. Then he prayed again, and the sky gave rain and the land produced its crops [as usual].
Watch: Watch the short message by Renaldo Barnard
We pray as ordinary people who have an extraordinary God. We are just normal people like Elijah. Prayer is effective, not because of great men who pray, but because of a great God
- Prayer is important because it’s how we become wiser.
- We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding (Colossians 1:9).
- If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you (James 1:5).
- Prayer is important because it’s the solution.
- Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come (Jeremiah 33:3).
- Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place
(2 Chronicles 7:14).
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
- In the coming week: Pray for our Church, Word and Life. Pray for God’s blessing over this church. Pray for wisdom and guidance.
- Make a list of prayers that every Connect Group member will be praying for this coming week and coming month.
- Choose a time of fasting that will work best for your Group.