BUILDING AN ALTAR
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: David builds an altar – 1 Chronicles 21 (NLT)
● An altar means that we do not keep anything for ourselves.
● An altar means that we realize that we are here on earth for God.
● An altar means you are taking responsibility for yourself.
● An altar will cost us. Not always financially, but it requires sacrifice.
● An altar means that our life is for God, that God is our life, and that the meaning of our life is God. So we put everything on the altar.
● We are not here making a name for ourselves; we are putting everything on the altar for the sake of His name.
3. Watch the short message by John Jerome
1) David insists on buying the threshing floor from Araunah. What do you think is the reason why David insists on buying this threshing floor?
2) Why is there always a cost to sacrifice?
3) We don’t need to build physical altars for God today. How do we build an altar for God today?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
This week: Think about the altar that God is asking you to build:
● What do you think the cost for this altar will be?
● Where should you build this altar?