Week 3: FAITH LIMPS
Gerhard Dalton (15-21 August 2021)
● Welcome everybody
● Start with an icebreaker – https://woordenlewe.com/ice-breakers/
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: Gen 32:22-32
● Gen 32:24-31(NIV) So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” The man asked him, “What is your name?” “Jacob (Deceiver),” he answered. Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob (Deceiver), but Israel (Prince)…. Jacob said, “Please tell me your name. “But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there. So Jacob called the place Peniel (face of God) saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.” The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip.
● Matt 6:6 (NIV) But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in
secret, will reward you.
● Psalm 30:5b (NIV) “… weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”
3. Watch the short message by Gerhard Dalton
1) As Christians, are we allowed to wrestle with God?
2) Why do we sometimes limp after we wrestled with God?
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
● Think about a time when you wrestled with God and He answered you.
● Thank God for your limp.
● Thank Him that He sees and hears when you pray.