Week 5: 29 August-4 September 2021 – Raymond Nell
1. Pray: Open with prayer
2. Read: Gen 31-33
- Genesis 31:3 That’s when God said to Jacob, “Go back home where you were born. I’ll go with you.”
- Genesis 31:4-5 So Jacob sent word for Rachel and Leah to meet him out in the field where his flocks were. He said, “I notice that your father has changed toward me; he doesn’t treat me the same as before. But the God of my father hasn’t changed; he’s still with me.
- Genesis 31:13 “I know what Laban’s been doing to you. I’m the God of Bethel where you consecrated a pillar and made a vow to me. Now be on your way, get out of this place, go home to your birthplace.’”
- Genesis 31:17 Jacob did it.
- Genesis 32:6 The messengers came back to Jacob and said, “We talked to your brother Esau and he’s on his way to meet you. But he has four hundred men with him.”
- Genesis 33:1-4 Jacob looked up and saw Esau coming with his four hundred men. He led the way and, as he approached his brother, bowed seven times, honouring his brother. But Esau ran up and embraced him, held him tight and kissed him. And they both wept.
3. Watch the message by Raymond Nell
4. Discussion: What does it mean to have FAITH and?
- TO WRESTLE
- A LIMP
Worship – https://woordenlewe.com/connect-worship/
Spend time in God’s presence through Praise and Worship.
Works for this week – Pray the prayer of faith and action:
A PRAYER OF FAITH AND ACTION – Goyo Hildago
Lord, Help Me
Be PREPARED, But not ANXIOUS.
Be AWARE, But not DESPERATE.
Be VIGILANT, But not in FEAR.
Be JOYFUL, But not CLUELESS.
Be FAITHFUL, But not CARELESS.
LORD, BE MY HOPE AND STRENGTH!
- What do I still need to “wrestle” with God over?
- Do I have doubts that I haven’t sought an answer to?
- What can I do today to make God more real in my life than ever before?